Exchange of driver's license for a Bulgarian driver’s book.
Immediately answer for the most frequently asked question: How long you can drive on a foreign driving permits in the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria? - According to the "Law on Road Traffic" link here – valid for 1 year from the moment of crossing the borders of Bulgaria. Extract from the law on the Bulgarian language:
Art. 162. (amend. - SG 43/02, in force from 26.04.2002) (1) (suppl. - SG 51/07) Bulgarian citizens may drive motor vehicles on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria with a foreign national certificate, where it has not been issued by a Member State of the European Union or by another country party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, or by the Swiss Confederation within 3 months from the date of their entry in the country.
(2) (Amended, SG No. 51/2007) Foreigners long-term resident of the Republic of Bulgaria may drive motor vehicles on the territory of the country with a certificate not issued by a Member State of the European Union, or by another State party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area, or by the Swiss Confederation up to one year from the date of their entry into the country.
To obtain a Bulgarian driving license "B" category, you'll need to gather the following documents:
1) Your driving licence is valid for a minimum of at the time of treatment in the Bulgarian Police departament –original+copy
2) residence permit/permanent residence in Bulgaria (personal card) - copy
3) certificate from personal physician on the model (usually it is) – original + copy. Cost about 20-35 Lev.
4) Receipt of payment of fee – pay after submission of documents and statements in the Bulgarian Police departament.
5) High school Diploma without grades and other paperwork (notarized copy of the original before you start to make to your original is not ruined) – translation into the Bulgarian language will be sufficient, in the opinion of some Police departament can ask for legalization. Or diploma of higher education with it, the procedure is more complicated 1.5-2 months (according to reviews) - translation with legalization, also to assure the diploma in Sofia to RIE (regional Inspectorate on education), the Ministry of Education of Bulgaria.
6) the application complete in Police departament.
The period of registration of a Bulgarian driver's license from the date of filing 1 month – 25 levs + 2 levs on the control card + Bank Commission. And for 10 days in 2 times more expensive.
After the Bulgarian driving license will be ready, they'll take your driving licence and send at you Police departament in your country. But, according to numerous reviews of the social.networking, you can contact the traffic police in the region where you from and make a loss and to obtain a duplicate of their your driving license.
For professional driving license and other categories a little more complicated you need to undergo a more detailed medicine Commission plus the psychopathy test.